There aren’t many pictures in this post purely because I baked these at the same time I was baking two other recipes (the carrot cupcakes and some Crunchie cupcakes I’ve yet to upload here). It was a little bit hectic that day to say the least!
Fold the raspberries and white chocolate into the cake batter. Doesn’t it look pretty, just seeing the raspberries poking through.
Spoon into paper cases until 2/3 full. I bought some fancy tulip cases as I was making these for a friend and they are lovely but very tricky to not be messy with!
Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven until golden brown in colour. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Melt the white chocolate over a simmering pan of water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water itself.
Drizzle over the top of the cooled muffins.
And there you have it! Pretty simple to make, not a lot of steps but oh so delicious 🙂 It was also a lot messier than I intended, I had visions of beautiful thin lines over chocolate criss-crossing over the top of the muffins but it never works out that way! They turned out very well although the raspberries did make the batter quite gooey, so either bake for a little longer or coat the raspberries in flour before adding to the batter. Give it a go! 🙂
Here’s a list of ingredients and method for those that prefer:
- 225g self raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g raspberries
- 100g white chocolate, chopped (for the muffins)
- 100g white chocolate, melted (to finish)
- Preheat the oven to 180º and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- gently fold in the raspberries and chopped white chocolate.
- Spoon into the prepared paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until they turn golden brown in colour or a skewer/toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate over a pan of simmering water then drizzle over the top of the muffins to finish.